MOST POPULAR SIGHTSEEING SITES
STATUE OF LIBERTY
Weekends are busier than weekdays.
The best time to go is early in the morning. Take the first boat out if possible.
Stay on the right side of the ferry boat for the best pictures -- as you approach the Statue of Liberty.
Another great picture: As the ferry boat leaves Manhattan, you will have a great
view of the Manhattan skyline from the back of the boat.
Make sure you know when the ferry boat goes
back to Ellis Island and the city --
and get on line a little earlier. Miss the boat and you have another 45 minute wait.
Utilize our special Drop-off and we will pick you up in our limo and drive you to Battery Park.
CIRCLE LINE BOAT CRUISE AROUND MANHATTAN ISLAND
Sit on the left side of the boat to always face Manhattan.
Excellent time to have a picnic (if you do not like hot dogs on a boat). Bring your
sandwiches with you.
EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
Best times to avoid the lines is early in the day or around 6PM (just when the city lights
start coming up).
The LIMOTOUR can get you discount tickets for the ESB and Skyride.
FREE THINGS TO DO
MUSEUMS: FOR FREE
Many museums offer an opportunity to go inside for free (at certain times) or
"suggested contribution" (donate as much as you want). Always check before. Here are some:
- AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY:
..Free Friday and Saturday evenings.
- GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM:
..Free Tuesdays 5 to 8PM
- MUSEUM oF MODERN ART:
..Free Thursdays 5 to 9PM
- WHITNEY MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART:
..Free Tuesdays 6 to 8PM
- COOPER HEWITT MUSEUM:
..Free Tuesdays 6 to 9PM
CONCERTS: FOR FREE
Many of New York's churches offer excellent free concerts. Always call to check
on time changes. Here are some of my favorites:
- ST. PAUL'S CHURCH: Monday and Thursday 12PM
- TRINITY CHURCH: Tuesday 12:45PM
- ST. BARTHOLOMEW'S CHURCH: Sunday 4PM
- ST. PETER'S CHURCH: JAZZ VESPERS Sunday 5PM
- If you have to take the subway late at night -- stand
..near the off-peak waiting area
near the turnstiles.
- Beware of "The Ladies Restroom Scam." Many crooks
..will put hooks on the
back of the bathroom door --
..inviting women to hang their purses on the hook.
..A crook will shortly come in and take the purse off the
..hook while you are sitting down.
- Avoid jewelry that catches the eye.
- Carry your purse with the clasp side against your body.
- Never park your car on the streets of New York with
..your trunk full of luggage -- anywhere. Not even to go ..inside a restaurant for a quick meal. or check out the ..Statue of Liberty right before you go home.
- If you are mugged: Give them what they want.
..Do not resist.
HOW TO AVOID BECOMING A TRANSIT CRIME VICTIM (SUBWAY,BUS)
- Be careful not to display money in public.
- Keep your wallet out of sight and not in your back
- Do not stand near the edge of the platform
- Ride in the train operator's or conductor's car when it's
..not rush hour.
- Don't doze off or fall asleep on the bus or subway.
- Beware of loud arguments or noisy incidents, they
..could be staged to
distract you while your pocket
- Be on the alert for possible pickpockets if you're jostled in a crowd.
For LIMOTOUR guests: Call 212-423-0101, our 24 hour hot line for assistance.
EATING IN RESTAURANTS
- Do make reservations: especially during holidays,
..friday and saturday evenings, and at very popular ..places.
- Reserve a smoking or no smoking area. Most
..restaurants in NYC will have them.
- Some restaurants do not accept credit cards. Make
..sure they accept yours or bring cash.
"COME BACK FOR MORE TIPS LATER"